Thursday, August 6, 2015

Throw Back Thursday

Pardon the pun as I throw back to some baby "throws" that I have made in the past. I am dusting off these blankets today to inspire me to finish the baby blankets I have to make. So here are two of my favorite gifts from the past.

When I make baby blankets I try to think about the parents. What are the likes and dislikes, what do they love. Well, I usually base my first baby blanket on the mother's favorite flower. In this case Mom's favorite flower was a sunflower but the baby was going to be a boy. So this is what I made.

 The giant sunflower square and fancy window square allowed me to celebrate Mom and still make a baby boy's blanket.
I made a cute sweater with wood buttons and yellow hiking boots to complete the layette. Since this has become my business I am no longer able to make full layettes for my friends and the bubies. But maybe if I keep to the plan I will be able to be two seasons ahead and make some gifts just for fun.

(This Mom is about to have another little one. I am hoping for a girl so I can go sunflower crazy. I have these baby sandals that I have wanted to make her for years.)


This baby blanket was made for a baby that was being adopted. The adoption fell through just at the time I had finished this baby blanket. Everyone involved was devastated. 
Than......MIRACLE......Mom found out that she was going to have a baby boy. Can you believe that!?! I gave Mom the blanket that had been finished for months and quilt clips so that it could be displayed as well as used. This is one of my favorite baby blankets that I have ever made. I like it, not only for the story connected to it, but also the color choice turned out so well.

(This mom has actually received two of my favorite blankets. She is the recipient of my first patchwork stash bust too. That was gorgeous)




Thank you to Jan Eaton for your 200 Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans.










Have you made a gift that has a great story attached or turned out to be one of the best things you ever made? Share them with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment